Data gathered from elementary students yielded little reliable or conclusive data to answer the initial question. Coach and teacher data were used to create recommendations for integrating new curriculum into a multi-program project.
The six recommendations were:
- Meet with key people from each program at the beginning of the project to understand their program.
- Obtain as much information about each program as possible by asking for schedules, syllabi and any other available program documents.
- Attend at least one day observing critical integration points of each program.
- Understand the demographics of the people being serving by each program.
- Develop a rough draft of key curricular components and then meet with each program again to make sure that everyone understands their involvement and insure buy-in for the time and space needed for integration.
- Confirm expectations for each program by circulating a document that contains the final curriculum and responsibilities to be signed and returned.